Sabijn heads the People & Performance practice and has supported senior leaders, management teams and organisations in their transformation efforts for 15 years focusing on aligning people and strategy and talent retention and development.
Sabijn assists leading international law firms with the design and implementation of organizational models on the basis of their unique history, culture and leadership style and assists them in aligning, executing and renewing themselves continuously to become an attractive force for talent and optimize their capabilities to act more efficiently. Thanks to her experience, she has developed a powerful and high-impact HR transformation framework which leads to behavioural changes and cultural transformation.
Profile & Professional Background
Sabijn has carried out advisory work in law firms and other professional services firms active in the publishing, consulting, and digital business world. She has coached C-suite executives, partners and teams to ensure alignment and improve people performance; has introduced talent management frameworks and has designed several recruitment and retention strategies.
Sabijn has developed a deep understanding of relational and motivational mechanisms which empowers her to discuss ‘soft’ themes clearly and distinctly. She does address the really important issues that happen “below the surface” and is able to translate insights into the day-to-day reality.
Education & Memberships
Sabijn holds a MA in Organizational Behaviour Studies (Corporate Antropology) from the VU University of Amsterdam (1998). During her career she continued her professional and executive training including qualifying as a Leadership Development practitioner at CCL Brussels (2000), and is a Myers Briggs MBTI accredited consultant (CCL 2003). Sabijn is also an ICF accredited executive coach in London (2005) and is a TMA Talent Assessment expert partner (EHRM 2010). Sabijn is a member of ICF Global (the leading global federation for Coaching & Leadership Development) and the TMA Talent Development Academy.
- People due diligence assessments of several teams as part of the execution of the growth strategy for an international business law firm in Amsterdam – Design of the onboarding program
- Design and execution of an onboarding program for a corporate/M&A team for an international business law firm in the CEE.
- Facilitation of a partnership performance program and renewal of their performance approach – partner coaching and team assessments.
- Strategic renewal and succession planning of an overseas national law firm – advising the Management Team in repositioning and facilitating the process of the incoming partners and retiring partner planning.
- Conflict management, succession planning and restructuring of a regioinal Dutch top 50 Law firm
Publications & Seminars
Seminar – Reinventing performance management and partner evaluation – a different approach | Amsterdam, June 2017
Roundtable – HR trends in legal | Elsevier, Oktober 2017.
Article – Partnerships totally reversed | Elsevier, November 2017.
Seminar – Culture eats Strategy for breakfast – Amsterdam, April 2019.
Image already added