Robert’s main focus within Venturis Consulting Group is advising boutique and national independent law firms in the Benelux regarding strategic reviews, (international) strategy formulation, strategic business planning, the execution of growth strategies (mergers and onboarding of teams) and restructuring processes.
Profile & Professional background
Robert joined Venturis as a partner in October 2014. Before that he worked as a corporate and restructuring lawyer for 7 years with a large Dutch Caribbean law firm in Curacao. In 2011 Robert set up the firm’s Dutch Caribbean desk in Amsterdam where he was co-responsible for the firm’s recruitment and business development activities in the Netherlands.
At the beginning of 2009 Robert became involved in the global Lehman Brothers bankruptcy. He was the court appointed bankruptcy trustee for the Lehman Brothers company in Curacao and responsible for the winding down of the bankruptcy of Lehman Brothers in Curacao, which included recovering assets and settling creditor claims of over USD 6 billion.
His broad and unique experience in managing complex projects and engaging law firms worldwide as clients provides him with powerful experience-based insights about how the legal sector can enhance service delivery and improve value.
Education & Memberships
Robert holds an LLM in corporate law from the University of Utrecht (2006). He is also alumni at the Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University in Rotterdam, where he followed the Diploma Programme in Business Management & Leadership (2015) and the Erasmus Executive Programme in Strategic Management (2016). Robert gives guest lectures at business schools regularly.
- Execution of the growth strategy for an international business law firm in Amsterdam – onboarding of several teams
- Strategic review and facilitation of the formulation of the positioning and strategy for a Rotterdam based boutique firm
- Design and execution of an international referral strategy for a top 15 Dutch law firm
- Facilitation of a partnership retreat of a Rotterdam based niche firm
- Execution of the growth strategy for an international business law firm in the CEE – onboarding of a corporate/M&A team
- The restructuring and re-design of the business support function of a top 15 Dutch law firm
Publications & Seminars
Seminar – Strategie & Executie: Mission Impossible? De ontwikkeling en implementatie van een succesvolle strategie | Amsterdam, 27 June 2019
Interview – Specialisatie als wegwijzer naar toekomst | Advocatenblad, April 2019.
Research – Boetiekkantoren veroveren M&A-markt | Mr., 19 April 2019.
Long read – Juiste studie en grijs pak zijn geen garantie meer | M&A Magazine, 16 April 2019.
Column – New York en Londen, misschien toch wat minder ver dan het lijkt… | M&A Magazine, 21 February 2019.
Image already added